The Client wishes to implement a new chemical reaction on industrial site under the SEVESO directive.
Processium brought them its know-how into thermal analyses to evaluate the risks of thermal runaway of this reaction.
The challenges met in this project are the following ones:
- Non-available physico-chemical data,
- Complex products implementation,
- Measurements under pressure up to about 5 bar.
Processium carries out this study from drawing-up the specifications to the measurements of all properties:
- Vapor pressure of reagents and products,
- Thermal stability: decomposition temperature (Tonset), time to maximum rate (TMRad),
- Reaction kinetics,
- Reaction enthalpy,
- Heat capacity,
- Maximum Temperature of the Synthesis Reaction (MTSR),
- Nature and gas flow released during the reaction.
The measured data define the level of criticality of the chemical reaction and equipment size to minimize risks.