A Client developed an innovative reaction route for the synthesis of a specialty chemical. The Client asks Processium to develop a process to produce and purify this product. The objective is to validate technico-economical feasibility of the Project.
- Several scenarios are studied to evaluate industrial capacity impact, from 100 to 100,000 mt per year.
- Client’s route performances are studied and scaled-up: useable reactor technologies are identified and compared, based on criteria such as heat and mass transfer, expected yield and selectivity.
- Physico-chemical properties are studied to identify feasible separation technologies.
- Three processes are proposed and pre-sized, at several industrial capacity.
- Pros and cons of each process are identified and a process is chosen for further study.
- Technico-economical feasibility conditions of the process are identified (for example: reaction selectivity, performances of a costly separation operation, …).
Production costs are evaluated and corresponding conditions for process profitability are identified.