The objective of the project is to identify a product or a blend of products to replace a liquid used in an optical device to:
- limit the technical constraints on the selected materials,
- improve the current performance of the device.
To be selected, the substitute needs to respect the following requirements:
- to be miscible with the other compounds used in the device,
- to be liquid on a wide range of temperature,
- to have a low viscosity,
- to be non-toxic, non-flammable,
- to be available on the market at a reasonable price,
- to have a refractive index and a dielectric constant adapted to the application
The methodology defined by Processium for the successful development of the Project had been developed as follow:
- to define technical specifications with customer,
- to establish a database for targeted properties,
- to determine possible substitutes using CAMD (Computer Aided Molecular Design)
- to predict missing properties,
- to propose substituting mixture corresponding to the specifications,
- to realise tests for validation of the new mixture.
Thanks to Processium methodology, a short list of potential substitutes was established and industrial scale solution had been defined on the basis of laboratory validation tests.